Renewable solar energy is the best and most bountiful source of energy available to offset residential power consumption. For a homeowner, it presents a viable option to decrease the cost of your monthly electrical utility bill while protecting you from the inevitable increase in cost of electricity bills. In addition to the cost savings you will also decrease your carbon footprint. If you haven’t installed solar on your home yet, or are considering installing solar in the future, here are a few reasons to get a system as soon as possible:
1. Great Investment / Higher Property Value:
2. Solar Saves you Money:
Grants & Rebates for Residences:
- Existing residential properties are eligible to receive up to $5,000 ($1,000 per kW up to 5kW) reimbursement for the implementation of a solar energy system via the Canada Greener Homes Grant program.
- You may also be reimbursed up to $600 for the cost of pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide efficiency evaluations. You will not be reimbursed for the pre-retrofit evaluation unless you complete the full Greener Homes Grant process.
- Batteries connected to a solar PV system may also be eligible for a $1,000 reimbursement.
- Residential dwellings that meet certain criteria will be exempt from paying PST on the cost of solar PV system installation: gov.bc.ca
Grants & Rebates for Businesses:
- Agricultural businesses can have 50% of solar installation costs covered by the Agricultural Clean Technology Program
- The Income Tax Act and Income Tax Regulations include measures encouraging Canadian taxpayers to invest in clean energy generation and energy conservation projects.
Learn more at canada.ca
Net-Metering (Residential & Business):
3. Achieve Energy Independence:
In addition to the reliability and longevity of a solar PV system, it will also help you maintain power when your utility grid goes down. When paired with optional battery backup or optional generator, you’ll never have to worry about a power outage again.
4. Contribution to a Greener Future:
Adding a solar PV system to your home can reduce your carbon footprint by approximately thirty tonnes over the system’s lifetime. You can bring positive change to the environment by adding a solar PV system to your home today.