How renewable energy can work for your application.
To begin the process of procurement and installation of a renewable energy system for your application, a team member from Streamline Renewables will contact the client to begin gathering information about the prospective system site or recreation application. During this period we will provide answers to any questions posed by the client as well as determine a rough estimate of the project cost or provide a working budget for the project.
To come up with a rough estimate for a rooftop, ground, or recreational solar installation, we will inquire the following information:
• Address of prospective system site or type of recreational application
• Age and condition of roof if applicable, slope/pitch, type of materials used on roof (composite, tile, metal, etc…)
• Obstacles and obstructions surrounding system site (trees, buildings, plumbing stacks, chimneys, skylights, attic vents, etc…)
• Energy consumption history of prospective system site from utility supplier over a 1 year period if applicable. (BC Hydro, Fortis) If energy consumption history is unavailable, we will try to determine a consumption estimate based upon sqft. and purpose of the structure.
Once enough information is acquired, we will present the client with a proposal, including a graphical representation of what their property will look like with a solar system installed.
If the customer is happy with the initial proposal, Streamline Renewables may request to perform a site assessment to confirm the information already gathered, as well as to obtain more information to dial-in the project quotation.
• Current electrical service to property if prospective site is tied into utility grid (100A, 200A, 400A)
• Space remaining in electrical main service panel to insert breakers
• Electrical wiring route options from the solar system to existing electrical service panel
• Delivery access to property for project equipment
• Roof accessibility
For new construction that has yet to be built, a system can be designed based upon the architectural drawings.
The site visit is an ideal time for the customer to express any other concerns they have related to the project.
Streamline Renewables will gather any remaining information and make changes to the proposal if necessary.
Once the customer is happy with the system design and comprehensive quotation, we are then ready take take the final steps before installation.
Streamline Renewables requires an engagement deposit of 50% of the total system cost excluding grants / rebates. Once the deposit is received, Streamline Renewables will proceed with ordering the system components and scheduling a date for system installation.
Once the previous steps are completed, Streamline Renewables experienced team members will install your solar PV system and/or EV charger to your structure. We then fine tune your solar PV system to ensure optimal efficiency.
Streamline Renewables strives to be as minimally invasive as possible when installing a solar PV system. We respect the client’s property and aim to leave the job site in the same or better condition than we found it.
At this point the Streamline Renewables team will provide setup and in-depth tutorial on accessing and using the solar monitoring system installed in the project.
Upon completion of installation, a 40% partial / progress payment is due.
At this stage we will complete the permitting required (electrical, building and/or development permits, as well as net metering, etc…) and the application to inter-connect the system to the utility grid if the application is grid-tied.
Once completed, Streamline Renewables requires the final payment of 10% of the total system cost excluding grants / rebates.
Grants / rebates are sent directly to the customer by the grant / rebate supplier. (Eg. Canada Greener Homes Grant supplier = Natural Resources Canada, EV charger rebate supplier = BC Hydro)
If you’re happy with your installation, we would greatly appreciate you referring us to your friends and family, as well as leaving us a review on our Google Business Profile!
Want to know more?
Contact us today to learn more about our process and how it would apply to your residential, off-grid, commercial or recreational application.