How renewable energy can work for your application.
To begin the process of procurement and installation of a renewable energy system for your application, a team member from Streamline Renewables will contact the client to begin gathering information about the prospective system site or recreation application. During this period we will provide answers to any questions posed by the client as well as determine a rough estimate of the project cost or provide a working budget for the project.
To come up with a rough estimate for a rooftop, ground, or recreational solar installation, we will inquire the following information:
• Address of prospective system site or type of recreational application
• Age and condition of roof if applicable, slope/pitch, type of materials used on roof (composite, tile, metal, etc…)
• Obstacles and obstructions surrounding system site (trees, buildings, plumbing stacks, chimneys, skylights, attic vents, etc…)
• Energy consumption history of prospective system site from utility supplier over a 1 year period if applicable. (BC Hydro, Fortis) If energy consumption history is unavailable, we will try to determine a consumption estimate based upon sqft. and purpose of the structure.
Once enough information is acquired, we will present the client with a proposal, including a graphical representation of what their property will look like with a solar system installed.
If the customer is happy with the initial proposal, Streamline Renewables may request to perform a site assessment to confirm the information already gathered, as well as to obtain more information to produce a comprehensive project quotation.
• Current electrical service to property if prospective site is tied into utility grid (100A, 200A, 400A)
• Space remaining in electrical main service panel to insert breakers
• Electrical wiring route options from the solar system to existing electrical service panel
• Delivery access to property for project equipment
• Roof accessibility
The site visit is an ideal time for the customer to express any other concerns they have related to the project.
Streamline Renewables will gather any remaining information in order to provide a comprehensive quote based upon a system designed specifically for your roof, ground space, or recreational application, budget, and electricity needs. The quote will include equipment and materials expected to be used, as well as hours of labour, permitting fees, etc…
We take care of all the permitting required (electrical, building and/or development permits, as well as net metering, etc…) and the application to inter-connect the system to the utility grid if the application is grid-tied.
Streamline Renewables then requires an engagement deposit of 50% of the total system cost excluding grants / rebates. Once the deposit is received, Streamline Renewables will proceed with system installation.
Streamline Renewables strives to be as minimally invasive as possible when installing a solar PV system. We respect the client’s property and aim to leave the job site in the same or better condition than we found it.
Grants / rebates are sent directly to the customer by the grant / rebate supplier. (Eg. Canada Greener Homes Grant supplier = Natural Resources Canada, EV charger rebate supplier = BC Hydro)
Once the final payment is received, the Streamline Renewables team will provide setup and in-depth tutorial on accessing and using the solar monitoring system installed in the project.
If you’re happy with your installation, we would greatly appreciate you referring us to your friends and family, as well as leaving us a review on our Google Business Profile!
Want to know more?
Contact us today to learn more about our process and how it would apply to your residential, off-grid, commercial or recreational application.